Location: Malvern, PA
Requisition Number: req26
This position performs a variety of machinist duties. Incumbents must have
the ability to program, set up and run a swiss style screw machine. Incumbents
must have the ability to read and understand blueprints as well as a working
knowledge of mechanical principles involved in fabricating and machining parts
or assemblies. Incumbents must also be able to provide proper care,
maintenance, servicing and record keeping of instruments and equipment as
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Program a Tsugami screw machine offline, using CAM (Esprit) Software.
- Set-Up and Run various types of spinal instrumentation.
- Builds, fabricates, or repairs instrumentation from verbal instructions,
blueprints and/or working drawings.
- Modifies instruments for special projects.
- Uses and operates a variety of hand tools, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
- Performs In process Inspection on low quantity instrumentation.
- Repairs, cleans, adjusts and/or performs preventive maintenance on
equipment, tools, or machinery, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ability to read complex mechanical blueprints
- Ability to Program using CAM Software
- Experience with ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Tolerancing
- Experience with ANSI Z1.4 Sampling Plan
- Working knowledge of GMP compliance for Class II Medical Devices
- Hands-on experience with micrometers, calipers, dial and digital indicators, optical comparator, ring gauges, pin gauges, and thread gauges
- Understanding of thread specifications and classifications
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance
- Principles, theories, and practices of metal properties and their heat
- Knowledge of SolidWorks helpful
- General computer skills
- Good communication skills
K2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Must possess a high school diploma; and 2 to 4 years of related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and